Autoscopy

for this assignment we had to do an autoscopy: to portray in an artistic way, in photoshop, something introspective that regarded an issue that we went through, or something that bothered us, or something that affected us. We had to mix different textures, layers, colors, themes and filters to show our message in a very powerful way. My specific project represents the struggle and the pressure that not just me, but also other girls, go through in the attempt for being perfect. Society is always pushing us to look, act and speak in a determinate way. That is why I included a picture of myself, with a lot of make-up on, wearing a waste trainer surrounded by a measuring tape, distorted by the liquify filter; to make my waste, cheeks, nose and arms look smaller and my boobs, lips and eyes look bigger. I also included in the background a picture of a surgery room to represent not only how girls feel the pressure to be perfect and therefore recur to surgical processes, but also to show the influence that Venezuela, my country, had in me (where surgeries are more common than any other thing and every women has had something done). Hands of judgement are pointing at me. Finally, I included words of insults or things that people say to girls to make them look and act how they wnant to. these words are all over my body because I thin that those words, once they are being told to you, they remain attached to your skin and your confidence, and they don't live you alone. I also included the plastic filter on myself to represent how this parameters of "perfection" are based on plastic dolls and done by plastic surgery, not on real expectations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business cards with personal logos

La Notte Stellata

Re-color it